Electrical Project Lead wanted! Are you able to lead multi-disciplinary teams that work on hardware, software and mechanical parts within the electrical system of the first commercial flying car? The first delivery of the PAL-V is scheduled for 2024 so we need you!
Pal-V is a Dutch scale-up, located in Raamsdonksveer (Breda area), which is developing the world’s first commercial flying car. PAL-V’s mission is to offer people the most flexible form of mobility and the highest sense of freedom imaginable while enjoying the ride. They expect to hand over the first sold models to the lucky customers soon! In the coming period, they will mainly focus on preparing future production and implementing and improving systems. During the years professional progress in organizational development has been made, we started with 4 employees and our team now consists of more than 100 individuals.
Who are you joining? You will be part of a mobility revolution, with an ambitious team of young professionals, working as a community within a scale up environment. You will be encouraged to share your creativity and come to disruptive solutions.
As Electrical Project Lead you will lead a team of +-20 multi-disciplinary engineers working on hardware, software and mechanical within the electrical system. Each discipline consists of several engineers and a lead engineer. PAL-V is looking for a strong Project Manager that ensures the disciplines are producing results according to planning.The current focus for the team is to finalize the test program with the prototype, implement engineering solutions for the production model and certification activities, all in concurrence. The weight of activities will shift from testing/engineering to full-time certification within the coming year, which is an important aspect of the development.
The PAL-V contains a lot of complex electronics and software. The electronics contain digital, analogue, and high-power circuits. The software is largely distributed in system software, usually programmed in C and includes complex control algorithms. An example of this is the system to control exhaust gas emissions. As a Project Lead you will be reporting directly to the Project Manager. Other tasks and responsibilities that we expect from the Electrical Project Lead are:
• Lead by example, ensuring engineering results align with PAL-V’s production and test program plans;
• Coordinate hardware, software and mechanical disciplines to meet planning objectives;
• Risk Management according to the PAL-V risk management method;
• Maintain and update the engineering planning within the PAL-V Progress tracker tool;
• Help engineers convert planning into daily tasks within the PAL-V Agile sprint working method, similar to scrum;
• Manage and allocate team resources to conform to planning;
• Flag planning issues and provide creative possible solutions;
• Report team progress to Project Manager and other Team Leads;
• Communicate company goals within the team;
• Coach team members to improve their skill sets and put them in their strength;
• Represent and advocate for team needs.
How does your day look like?
• Chair sprint planning, review & retro and technical progress meetings;
• Weekly updates of the PAL-V Progress tracker;
• Daily interactions with technical discipline leads (hardware, software, mechanical) about progress and planning;
• Daily interactions with all team members; coaching, listening;
• Actively work on building professional relationships with team members;
• Report progress in the weekly Team Lead meeting;
• Report progress in the company-wide group meeting;
• Experience with leading a group of multi-disciplinary engineers;
• Experience in a result-driven technical environment;
• Experience with agile working methods;
• Strong leadership, communication, motivational and interpersonal skills;
• Strong project management and organizational abilities;
• Strong technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills;
• Affinity with electrical systems and engineering;
• Affinity with automotive and aerospace is advantageous;
• For this job it is mandatory to be resident in the Netherlands or Belgium. Applicants who live outside these two countries will not be considered in the application process.
Joining PAL-V means; friendly and helpful colleagues, team activities and a party committee. And of course we provide:
• An excellent salary;
• Commute and homework allowance;
• 8% holiday allowance;
• 27 holidays, with the ability to purchase an additional 10 days;
• A good pension scheme;
• You will engage in annual discussions about your ambitions and career within the organisation;
• Flexible hours;
• Vitality platform through which you can get in touch with other colleagues who practice the same hobbies or just to discover new hobbies together.
Are you excited for this role and want to be a part of the company of the future? Contact us.
The recruitment and selection process for the position of Electrical Project Lead is carried out by WFS PRO. You can send your resume and letter of motivation to Niels Kloostra via [email protected]. Want to apply via LinkedIn or our website? Please use the apply button!