Are you passionate about Aerospace engineering, coupled with an unwavering commitment to high-quality standards? If you enjoy tackling bottlenecks in product development, than we certainly want you on our team!
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Fokker is part of the GKN group and is active in the field of landing gear, structures and electrical wiring interconnection systems. This includes the design and development, production and assembly of new systems, but also the repair and overhaul of systems in use. In our defense business line, we are active in projects for e.g. the F-16 fighter plane, the Apache combat helicopter, Airbus A320 & A350, the F-35 Lightning II (JSF), and the multipurpose NH90 helicopter.
In the role of Sustaining Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in analyzing and resolving bottlenecks resulting from deviations in product development, whether during the production phase or in the user phase, to ensure process disruptions to kept to a minimum. To initiate and manage preventive actions to improve process and/or product.
In this role, your key responsibilities include:
- Provide airworthy solutions for non-compliant products or processes, including practical repair models and documented proof of airworthiness and in cases where rectification is not feasible, collaborate with relevant teams to facilitate appropriate rejection. (The products will mainly be landing gear related products.)
- Analyze the chosen solutions, (if required with the relevant functional discipline), to assure the chosen solutions comply to strength, functional and airworthy specific demands.
- Preventively initiate and supervise actions. Ensuring the timely and efficient completion of assigned tasks within predefined constraints of time, budget and resources.
- Define practical repair models to comply with all functional and certification demands with regards to strength, fatigue life, and stiffness.
- Analyze significant damages, document all activities in accordance with internal and external requirements, including concessions, dispositions, and opinions (etc.).
- Manage the engineering activities for projects in the Sustaining phase after the Non-Recurring phase has ended
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering or a related field
- Analysis of static strength, fatigue and stability of landing gear components (Steel 300M) and construction materials using available calculation modules for specific work-related software.
- Mastery of repair techniques
- Thorough understanding of production guidelines and standards, ensuring the seamless integration of processes within the organization.
- Good knowldge in materials science, production techniques, and assembly methods.
- A good understanding of Airworthiness Regulations. including the knowledge of the applicable standards, guidelines, procedures, M(DOM) (Military (Design Organization Manual)), and customer-specific requirements.
- Expertise in overseeing the administrative affairs of the department, ensuring smooth operations and compliance.
- A deep understanding of company policies, quality procedures, and adherence to environmental and safety regulations, reinforcing the organization’s commitment to excellence.
- English at a professional level, both verba as written.
- Have the ability to build relationships quickly on multiple levels within our organization & field.
An innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop, build & support. At GKN Fokker, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Pleasant work-life balance;
- Opportunities for self-development
- Pension plan;
- Travel allowance
Join us in shaping the future of aviation by ensuring the highest standards of airworthiness and quality within our NH90 project.