Become part of the change!
(GKN Fokker Elmo is currently moving to Papendrecht)
Whenever you fly, chances are that the plane you’re on is equipped with a Fokker Elmo wiring harness. This means that the safety of the world’s most well-known aircrafts is largely in our hands. And in yours. Because, as a final inspector, you inspect the wiring harnesses for Airbus, Boeing, Lockheed Martin and other aircraft manufacturers. In addition, you inspect the wiring harnesses of some 95% of the F-35 fighters across the globe, as well as the power cables of the electric aircraft of the future. Are you ready for a varied and highly responsible job in an inspiring and technical working environment?
Initially, you will be working from our Hoogerheide facilities, joining one of our manufacturing teams. Various teams produce wiring harnesses for different types of aircraft, including electric drones within the scope of Urban Air Mobility. Within the teams, you’ll be responsible for inspection, approval and release of the wiring harnesses produced, which are subsequently stored for shipping. You’ll be rotating teams, joining a different team every eight / nine months so as to inspect different types of aircraft. Good to know: all our manufacturing teams will be moving to our Papendrecht facilities before the end of this year.
• You will inspect both batch and first articles in accordance with detailed inspection criteria, including customer specifications.
• This includes conducting a visual inspection, checking that there is no damage or foreign object debris, dust caps and labels are placed correctly, etc.
• You will also check the documentation, which includes the inspection records and test results, ensuring that all the necessary steps in the process have been taken.
• Should you have to reject products, you will clearly motivate your decision in a non-conformity report.
• In addition, you will discuss your findings with your manager: the Manufacturing team lead.
• You will also discuss the deviations, for them to understand how to resolve the issues and/or to adapt the design.
• To prevent repetition, you will contribute to the instruction of people. Your feedback will help increase the efficiency and, as a result, the productivity of Manufacturing.
Working accurately in an environment in which quality takes centre stage. That’s your strength. You assume accountability for the excellence and safety of our products. And you know how to collaborate with your alternating manufacturing teams. Harnessing your communication skills, you convince your colleagues, team leads and engineers of your findings and proposed process improvements. And you stand firm if you need to reject products, not letting the production pressure get in the way of delivering high-quality products.
You also have:
• A technical education
• Knowledge and demonstrable experience of inspection work, preferably in highly regulated industries such as shipbuilding, aerospace, automotive or e.g. the food and pharmaceutical industry.
• A good command of spoken and written English.
An innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop and build. At GKN Fokker Elmo, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
On top of this a salary between €2.768 and €3.524
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process of this position. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Puk Steenbergen +31 (0)627118339. If you want to apply, please send your resume to [email protected]