Do you know that a position as Junior Draftsman is the perfect way to start your engineering career? You possess the right mind set to give what is takes to develop yourself as a Junior Draftsman within the Marine industry, check out the position.
Roll Group, founded in 2006, is a worldwide known expert in heavy transport both on land and sea! The exceptional combination of transportation and installation capabilities enables Roll Group to offer complete Factory to Foundation solutions. Combined with engineering expertise and unique know-how, this makes Roll Group the preferred heavy cargo partner offering effective, innovative and sustainable services.
Roll Group has two forces, RollDock and Roll-Lift
RollDock owns and operates an innovative fleet of highly adaptable heavy transport vessels. The fleet consists of 5 semi-submersible multi-functional vessels and 3 wide deck carriers. The RollDock fleet can handle a wide variety of situations and circumstances in worlds oceans.
Roll-Lift owns and operates a large fleet of heavy lift cranes, heavy transport trailers and special equipment. With an experienced team of engineers, operators and supervisors, Roll-Lift provides a total solution to heavy transportation, lifting and onsite installation requirements on land.
Roll Group has grown into a global and innovative organization with in total 360 employees. Based in Capelle aan den IJssel and includes offices in Breda, Sassenheim, Germany, USA and the MEA region.
The Engineering department consists of around 20 young and ambitious colleagues divided over 3 teams, all reporting directly to their Team leader. Everybody is working for the same purpose and willing to take an extra step towards success of the company. Besides work they make plenty of space for relaxation including regular BBQ’s and team events!
In this position you will start within one of the teams working on various projects worldwide. Your package of tasks consists amongst other things of:
- Translating calculations to Engineering drawings;
- Making strength calculations by using FEM techniques;
- Produce operational drawings for the execution of projects; loading, lifting, transport drawings and more;
- Produce fabrication drawings together with the design team;
- Execute quality- and safety policy.
- Maintain internal relationships. But also act as a point of contact at external locations;
- Execute engineering strategy;
- Make proposals for improving the effective, efficient, quality and/or performance of the work;
- Occasional traveling is part of your position.
- Completed a technical Bachelor or Secondary Vocational Education in the direction of Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Aerospace, Construction or equivalent;
- Graduated and up to maximum of 2 years of experience;
- Familiar with the use of AutoCad 2D/3D or similar;
- A citizen of the European Union (this is mandatory);
- Fluent in preferable Dutch and definitely in English.
Besides this technical luggage and of course a genuine passion for the industry, you are the candidate which has a flexible work attitude, good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and is quality oriented. You are an inspiration for others, eager to learn and willing to develop yourself within the position, working towards independency.
Roll Group has all the ingredients to support you at the start of your engineering career, they offer a career path! Furthermore they offer:
- Opportunities to work flexible in their offices (Capelle a/d IJssel, Breda, Sassenheim) and from your home office;
- Have an excellent package including; great starting salary, holiday allowance, travel allowance, working from home allowance, attractive pension, international travel allowance, compensation for health insurance and more;
- Support from the start, training on the job and every opportunity to gain experience and grow towards an engineering position.
Are you excited for this role and want to be a part of a truly specialized global company? Contact us. The recruitment and selection process for the position of Junior Draftsman is carried WFS PRO BV.
You can send your resume and letter of motivation to Ina Marin via [email protected].