Conscious Aerospace BV
The world around us is changing, more and more we are facing the effects of climate change, a change is needed. No, a change is crucial! For the aerospace industry this means developing & implementing manners of propulsion with a limited or zero carbon footprint.
We are awake, we aware, we are Conscious Aerospace! The Dutch tier 1 company, located in Ypenburg – The Netherlands, that will deliver its first Hydrogen Aircraft Powertrain and Storage Systems retrofit kit by 2028. Join us on our journey to a future green aviation! For more information please check our website: http://www.consciousaerospace.com/
Lead Engineer Testing
Conscious Aerospace is looking for a talented highly motivated Lead Engineer who will take the responsibility of the integrated HAPSS testing strategy, organization and execution
As a Lead Engineer Testing you will be responsible for all testing needed to be done to get HAPSS working according to SPEC and certified according to the aviation safety and certification regulations.
At Conscious Aerospace, testing will be organized in two pillars:
1. One pillar is lab or bench testing of products / (sub) systems with the objective to drive technical risk reduction of systems with a non-aviation background. This will drive risk reduction actions early in the project and technology improvements later in the project. This will rely for a good part on using testing facilities at partners, with Conscious Aerospace driving the action plan to get such tests done.
2. The second pillar is to support the gathering of evidence and ‘approved data’ in order to demonstrate that the HAPSS solution satisfies the certification requirements of aviation authorities. Conscious Aerospace needs to set-up a test location and required facilities to do this, in addition to outsourced testing at partners (e.g. for DO160 testing), Conscious Aerospace will need:
a) a system integrations lab where multiple systems can be connected and tested;
b) a full ‘iron bird’ test set-up for the entire HAPSS system and interfaces to cockpit;
c) flight test assets (test aircraft) for “in-aircraft” ground tests, taxi tests and flights. This may also include use of a flight simulator.
Testing will be closely coordinated and complemented with modeling and simulation. This comprises software in the loop tests, hardware in the loop tests and pilot in the loop tests.
Your key responsibilities:
• Develop a testing strategy and timeline for the two pillars, including a budget. The strategy and budget will need to be updated and refined to more details as the program progresses;
• Setting up and leading the test team executing the testing strategy;
• Assess suitable test facilities and partners, a gap analysis of missing capabilities or facilities and a plan to develop core testing capabilities and facilities at a Conscious Aerospace location;
• Organize the data recording, data storage and post-processing facilities;
• Coordinate with the LE certification which acceptable means of compliance are foreseen to require testing, and related test facilities;
• Coordinate with Conscious Aerospace partners on the capabilities and use (availability, budget) of their test facilities and human resources;
• Coordinate with modeling and simulation activities within Conscious and at partners, to achieve a holistic view on the generation and management of data required for development, engineering, technology risk reduction and certification;
• Coordinate test safety approach, safety features and permits (in particular for the use of hydrogen) with facility owners and government stakeholders.
• Aeronautical Degree (Bachelor of Master) or equivalent experience;
• Minimum 5 years practical experience in a similar role;
• Strong ability and flexibility to work with stakeholders and suppliers, able to set priorities;
• Imbedded safety culture and took leadership;
• Strong communication skills and able to work in a fast paced working environment.
• Experience with leading a multi-disciplined group of engineers;
• Experience in a result-driven technical environment;
• Experience with agile working methods;
• Strong leadership, communication, motivational and interpersonal skills;
• Strong project management and organizational abilities;
• Strong technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
What we offer:
• Contributing to realize the vision on true zero emission aviation: a revolution in the aerospace!;
• An inspiring working environment in a highly motivated team with mixed experiences and backgrounds;
• Market competitive salary and secondary conditions;
• Long term cooperation with continuous professional development.
Ready for take-off?
Information with regards to the recruitment procedure: interviews are planned in May 2023. Start is scheduled for July – August 2023. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Maurice Taks, +31(0)615341393. If you want to apply, please send your resume to [email protected]