CHALLENGE TO CONTRIBUTE TO FUTURE GREEN AVIATION Become part of the change!
GKN Fokker Elmo, as part of GKN Aerospace, is a leading player in the design, manufacturing and support for the Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) for Aerospace and Defense programs. Their innovative tools and processes support customers and represent an Unique Selling Point.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading tier one aerospace supplier of systems and components. With over 15,000 employees across 38 manufacturing sites and 4 Global Technology Centres, they serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers with sales of £2.5bn. GKN Fokker Elmo employs over 2200 employees worldwide
As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager (ME Manager) at GKN Fokker Elmo you are responsible for leading a multi-disciplined, process control focused Manufacturing Engineering team that eliminates defects through deployment of GKN Aerospace Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite. Your team deploys engineering resources to Production & Development Programs and ensure compliance of these deployed teams to the established functional processes. The team also delivers robust, capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to both materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly. As ME manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards;
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems. Delivery of a manufacturing system that fulfils all stakeholder requirements including; Safety, Quality, Productibility & Business case;
• Lead engineering teams to deliver measurable, metrics driven results in line with Operational and Program goals;
• Deliver class leading engineering solutions to solutions to complex problems;
• Develop, deploy and maintain functional engineering standards;
• Develop and deliver manufacturing engineering training strategy for the business. Lead capability & career development of the engineering team;
• Build a culture of process control, Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) mind-set in the manufacturing engineering team;
• Responsible for the implementation of tooling and or production planning, from original concept through to production. Design these processes with a high degree of process capability utilizing the GKN standard ZDM tool suite to demonstrate as such;
• Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation;
• Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers;
• Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
• Technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering, with a professional qualification / background (bachelor/university degree) in engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical);
• Knowledge and experience in a high-quality production/delivery driven environment;
• Experience of managing New Product / Process introduction (industrialisation) & existing production process improvements;
• 5-10 years of industry experience, ideally in Manufacturing Engineering;
• Approximately 5 years of leadership/management experience;
• Working knowledge of LEAN processes and practices;
• Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000;
• Fluent in English (both spoken and written).
• Ability to influence people, build trust and establish effective working relationships within a global organization;
• You possess a helicopter view to oversee processes;
• Communication: ability to communicate clearly;
• You are analytical, quality conscious, pragmatic and motivated;
• Results-driven with strong commercial awareness.
We offer an innovative and international environment in which we work in a High Tech organization with a rich history in the field of aircraft manufacturing. Our organization exudes a passion for technology and our employees are rightly proud of what they develop and build.
Once you’re on board, you are entitled to a fantastic range of benefits, including:
• A gross monthly salary between € 5.973 and € 7.690 (junior until senior level) based on the CAO Metalektro;
• Profit-sharing scheme;
• 42 paid holidays for full-time employment (29 holidays and 13 adv-days);
• A one-year contract, with the prospect of permanent employment;
• Working conditions according to the CAO Metalektro, including an excellent pension scheme and travel allowance (from 10 kilometres one way);
• A pleasant and informal working environment, in which we work together to achieve the best result for our customers in a pleasant atmosphere.
As well as a competitive package we’ll offer you a world of opportunity. We want to see your career fly! We’ll support your career progression by providing you with learning and development opportunities. That’s the beauty of being part of a global business, once you’re on board you never know where you career journey may take you!
To make your start as successful as possible, we will provide you with an extensive training program. The content and duration of this depends on the role and experience you bring and will take place at our location in Hoogerheide. After this familiarization period, during which you will get to know the processes within Fokker Elmo extensively, you will start working in Papendrecht in collaboration with colleagues!
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process of this position. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Niels Kloostra +31 (0)630681349. If you want to apply, please use the apply button!