Working at Damen Naval is an exciting journey into the future of maritime innovation! Join their talented team and contribute to building advanced naval ships with a rich history of over 150 years. Discover your passion for technology, develop your skills, and become part of a dynamic international community.
At Wfspro, we offer you the opportunity for a challenging, exciting, and enjoyable career. Our maritime division, Damen Naval, is part of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group and has locations in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With more than 1,000 professionals and a rich tradition in shipbuilding dating back over 150 years, they have built a strong reputation. For over 50 years, Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Drawing on decades of experience, Damen Naval provides navies worldwide with a wide range of defense and security vessels, ranging from 7 meters to over 200 meters in length. Damen Naval is the sole supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands and has delivered over 420 ships to satisfied customers worldwide. They have earned a reputation of excellence along the way. While Damen Naval take pride in their heritage, they also look to the future. Are you ready for this challenge?
As a System Modeling Specialist – Naval Shipbuilding at Damen Naval, you will play a crucial role in creating comprehensive system models for complex naval ships. These models describe the functional behavior of the ship and establish traceability from the concept of operations to technical solutions. You provide valuable guidance to the project team and utilize system architecture frameworks to enable seamless integration from the business to the system.
your responsibilities include supporting the development of a model-based system architecture for functional safety assessments and assisting in the requirements engineering process, including traceability, analysis, decomposition, verification, and validation (V&V). In collaboration with system architects, design engineers, subcontractors, and customers, you contribute to the successful realization of our projects.
- Define and update system modeling processes.
- Evaluate and select suitable technologies, frameworks, and tools to facilitate system development, with a focus on scalability, maintainability, and compliance with architectural principles.
- Conduct comprehensive system analysis to understand functional and non-functional requirements, translating them into technical specifications and architectural designs.
- Collaborate closely with software engineers and other stakeholders to define system components, interfaces, and integration points, aligning with the architectural vision.
- Conduct formal safety assessments and propose mitigation strategies to ensure system reliability, performance, and security.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to development teams, promoting best architectural practices and ensuring consistency in design and implementation.
- Continuously improve system architecture practices within the company, promoting the use of innovative frameworks and models.
- Effective communication with stakeholders such as architects, engineers, and customers.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, preferably in shipbuilding.
- Experience in Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) and requirements engineering.
- Proficiency in advanced system modeling techniques, including SysML, system architecture frameworks such as UAF, and familiarity with associated methodologies and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex systems and technical challenges.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with interdisciplinary teams and the ability to present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Key competencies: teamwork, attention to detail, strong communication skills, proactive behavior, and focus on planning.
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing, is required. Proficiency in Dutch and German is an advantage.
- Excellent background, as pre-employment security screening and investigation are part of the recruitment process (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or a valid EU work permit is required to be considered as a suitable candidate.
At Damen Naval, they highly value there employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore, they invest in all their employees by providing:
- A dynamic international working environment with a focus on technology and innovation.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Comprehensive onboarding in shipbuilding for those without a maritime background.
- Continuous learning opportunities and development within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of company culture, events, and sports.
Are you enthusiastic and do you fit the profile? Then please contact us. Email [email protected] or call or WhatsApp Sven Hessing at +31 (0)6 49 70 40 19.