We’re looking for you! The Engineering Support Officer position is created for the eager manager to be, an engineer who wants to grow into a dynamic engineering management role. If you feel you have the potential to grow into, or are strong minded, convincing and committed, focused on delivery, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, person, then you should apply to this job.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
GKN Fokker offers an innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop and build. At GKN Fokker, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
As an Engineering Support Officer (ESO) you are the spider in the Engineering web. The ESO is the side-kick of the Engineering Team Lead (ETL) who is operationally and technically responsible for the Functional Team Leads and the engineers assigned to the Design Built Support Team (DBST). The ESO supports the ETL in assuring that the different disciplines within the DBST are aligned and work together in order to make sure that the Engineering Deliverables are meeting the applicable Technical Requirements (including manufacturability, certification / qualification requirements) against agreed schedule and cost objectives.
Due to the growing workload and responsibilities of the DBST ETL in the coming year, your support will be required in some of his activities, i.e. participate as Engineering representative in the Partner meetings for several Variants and act as engineering representative for GKN Fokker. Furthermore, you take the role as coordinator of the Qualification Engineering team. This team shows compliance of the product design with the requirements of the various NH90 configurations. Within the NH90 program, qualification activities also include activities for certification. You report hierarchically, functionally and operationally to the ETL, the Chief Engineer and the Airworthiness Officer.
These activities give you the opportunity to become more acquainted with the ETL role and understand the cohesion and dependencies of the different disciplines within the engineering department. This role provides you a sound base of knowledge that will enable you to grow into an Engineering Team Lead or Program Manager role.
The Engineering Support Officer has the following job responsibilities and tasks:
• Support Engineering Team Leads to deliver projects on time and within budget;
• Coordinate and set out actions with the QE team;
• Support in compiling product breakdown structure and create realistic schedules;
• Support and maintain schedules of QE within the DBST structures;
• Monitor progress, costs, resource allocation for the DBST Structures;
• Provide key performance indicators for program activities to drive continuous improvement and provide updates / reports, and standard measures to the ETL and Program Management, as required;
• Participate as Engineering representative in the partner company meetings for several Variants and act as Point of Contact for GKN Fokker;
• Adhere to robust document management processes to ensure information is traceable;
• Initiate continuous improvement actions based on analytics in close collaboration with the responsible disciplines;
• Assist with standardizing and optimizing ways of working;
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Aerospace engineering or a minimum of HBO working and thinking level;
• Approximately three – five years of relevant experience gained within a technical discipline, preferably in an aerospace environment and in multidisciplinary project teams;
• Some experience in projects management, scheduling and providing day-to-day operational management to the team;
• Being familiar with execution of cost & control (planning, tracking / control) and reporting through Earned Value Management (EVM) is a plus;
• Fluent in English language, both written and spoken;
• This position is suitable for EU candidates due to VISA procedures, applicants who live outside the European Union will not be considered in the application process.
What’s further more important for this role?
• Team Leadership: Has the Desire to lead others towards the functional & business Goals. Lead by example and ensures a safe working atmosphere for and within the team;
• Strong communication skills: communicates clearly and pro-actively on priorities, expectations, needs and status;
• Excellent team player: able to work effectively with diverse team settings without hierarchical power of command; committed to relationship building with colleagues and customers;
• Passion and energy: Is passionate about creating growth for the company; having energy, energizing others and making others energize themselves; showing a desire to collectively reach results. Hunger for continuous learning, personal growth and curiosity;
• Execution: Delivers results day in and day out; relentlessly and consistently over a long period of time; getting the work done and the plans executed; linking people’s actions and decisions to the right priorities;
• (Self) discipline: Gets the work done with dedication, rigor and tenacity; meeting scheduled commitments; follows through on plans and programs; delivers on promises and commitments;
• Edge: Able to face reality and to champion tough decisions. Taking Initiative, has an impact, dares to make choices (even if not all data is available or mature) and keeps an eye on the ball;
• Entrepreneurial drive: Relentlessly driven to achieve results. Based on their insights in customers and industry, they spot opportunities and take risks to make things happen.
• You measure and monitor performance. You’re willing to take risks, based on their conviction that this will move the business forward;
• Strategic thinking: Focus on how to increase capability and potential: they oversee the technical context in which they operate and understand the real issues and developments;
• Develop plans, roadmaps and strategies covering all areas, focusing on achieving long-term goals. They build a vision on well-tested assumptions and translate this into a plan that covers all areas and focuses on the strategic goal;
• Empowering others: Invest time, money and energy in developing others. They are building the organization’s future capabilities by coaching people. They empower others to grow by delegating fully and providing constructive feedback.
• An excellent salary;
• Fulltime contract (40 hours);
• 8% holiday allowance;
• 25 days holidays;
• Commuting/Travel Allowance;
• Pension scheme;
• Personal growth opportunities.
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process of this position. If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Niels Kloostra via n.kloost[email protected]. If you want to apply, please use the apply button!