Are you passionate about Aerospace engineering, coupled with an unwavering commitment to high-quality standards? If you, as the Functional Team Lead enjoy connecting theory with practice, prove analysis with experiment, then we certainly want you on our team!
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 38 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single-aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the most advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Fokker is part of the GKN group and is active in the fields of landing gear, structures, and electrical wiring interconnection systems. This includes the design and development, production, and assembly of new systems, but also the repair and overhaul of systems in use. In our defense business line, we are active in projects for e.g. the F-16 fighter plane, the Apache combat helicopter, Airbus A320 & A350, the F-35 Lightning II (JSF), and the multipurpose NH90 helicopter. The NH90 helicopter program is one of the most successful international defense programs in Europe.
The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop and build.
At GKN Fokker, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
The Test Engineering Department:
- At Test Facilities we connect theory with practice, we prove analysis with experiment. All analysis models that our fellow engineers create are validated by our tests. Together with them, we gain in-depth knowledge of our products that keep people in the air and get them back on the ground safely.
- Thanks to the multidisciplinary knowledge of our team, we have all relevant disciplines under one roof. Your team coordinates the design, production, construction and instrumentation of the test rig. They perform the testing and inspections and analyze and report the results.
- We have extensive test equipment, such as hydraulic setups, a wide range of sensors, signal amplifiers and control systems. The tests are mainly mechanical in nature tests comprise the functional characteristics, static strength,and fatigue properties of landing gear, arresting hooks, and many other aircraft components.
The Functional Team Lead is the head of the Test Facilities department in Papendrecht (temporarily in Helmond). You are the first point of contact for all test-related matters.
You are also responsible for ensuring, that all resources in the department are in order, that the correct processes are followed and, above all, that work is done safely. You guide and coach your team members in their daily work, as well as mentor them in their personal development.
Of course, time and financial frameworks apply to all of your projects. Within the matrix structure, this is the primary responsibility of the Program Managers. You will be consulted to estimate new projects in the field of Test Engineering. You will allocate the resources to the projects and you make sure your people have the means to achieve their goals.
In your daily work you are a hands-on Team Lead. Your technical knowledge in the fields of measurement and control, mechanics and hydraulics is put to the test every day. Together with your people, you always look for the best way to perform tests.
The role profile states:
- Lead the functional team(s) to deliver the assigned tasks to achieve the program /project objectives through planning, tasking, and execution of required engineering activities.
- Provide technical and functional oversight for engineering design solutions, ensuring compliance with all relevant customer, regulatory, and airworthiness requirements, within agreed program, schedule, and manufacturing constraints.
- Develop and implement methods plans, toolsets and solutions that are appropriate and compliant to achieve the design and program/project objectives.
- Provide a functional review of generated bids and proposals within assigned programs/projects.
- Assess, manage, and mitigate overall technical risk within assigned programs.
- Review test specifications/plans and/or alternate means of compliance as required to demonstrate the design solution complies with certification requirements.
- Generate, sign, check, or approve all assigned project deliverables, documents, and reports as required within the limits of signature authorizations.
- Provide an independent check for the release of technical documentation as required.
- Implement training and capability strategies to manage training, mentoring, and development of engineers within assigned programs/projects including technical signatories.
- Support technical and customer discussions and reviews, including formal gate reviews, the creation and preparation of technical data and presentations.
- Establish and implement knowledge management strategies for the team.
- Support the development and maintenance of functional work instructions, procedures, technical manuals, and guidelines.
- Manage the overall performance, engagement, and capability development of the Test Engineering team through the management of performance development plans, training, mentoring, and other initiatives.
- Bachelor or Master s Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical or Mechatronics) or equivalent working and thinking level gained through experience.
- At least 10 years of work experience of which 5+ years of relevant experience gained within test engineering.
- Experience in dealing with related functions (Operations/Production, Sales/Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Management and Development).
- Ability to mentor and coach engineers in the delivery of their specific tasks and supporting their professional growth.
- Able to manage complex technical work statements; ability to rationalise, assess and evaluate information that may not always be clear or mature.
- Able to hold (internal) technical approval authority within the function.
- Solid approach/understanding to the delivery and tracking of engineering tasks, within a multi-project environment.
- Accountable for the department budget.
- Strong-minded, convincing, and committed to safety and quality.
An innovative and international workplace in a company with a rich history in the field of aircraft construction. The company has a passion for technology and their staff is rightly proud of what they develop, build & support. At GKN Fokker, you will get every opportunity to build your career and work on your personal development!
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Pleasant work-life balance;
- Opportunities for self-development
- Pension plan;
- Travel allowance.
WFS PRO takes care of the hiring process for this position. If you want to apply, please use the apply button!