Are you excited to work in the maritime industry. Would you like to work at one of the best shipbuilders in the world then this vacancy might be for you!
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems at Damen Naval you will be responsible for the design and integration of the Propulsion Systems into our naval projects throughout the engineering phase. You can be involved from the proposal phase in the project to participate in the defining and selection of feasible propulsion configurations and components.
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, you will be responsible for the acquisition of propulsion components in close cooperation with the Purchasing department during the Basic Engineering phase. In addition, you will be responsible for integration of these purchased propulsion components with the vessels platform. During the Detailed Engineering phase, you will participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and compose the installation & alignment procedures for the propulsion components. During the installation, STW, HAT and SAT Provides you will provide production support.
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, you will:
- Setting up of functional technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies, in close collaboration with competing suppliers during technical discussions.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation such as mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components and or systems into ship design and in between other propulsion components in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies, and owner.
- Compose technical and functional specification documents such as system description statements, installation and alignment procedures, HAT, and SAT procedures.
- Verify technical performance of products and systems such as dynamic simulations, inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s and during installation on board.
- Contribute to the further development of the engineering department.
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree preferably in engineering or proven work skills based upon experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of propulsion systems, in the naval shipbuilding, offshore or commercial shipbuilding.
- Experience with statutory bodies and work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Competencies: customer, quality and results orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, planning and organizing, management control, decisiveness, and initiative.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Ben je enthousiast en pas je op het profiel? Neem dan contact op met ons op. Stuur je cv, inclusief motivatie naar Sven Hessing via [email protected] Toch nog meer informatie nodig? Bel of Whatsapp dan naar +31 (0)6 49 70 40 19 of bel +31 85 902 36 31